First Lady: Barack’s Not ‘Placing Blame’ – Except When It’s The Fault Of ATMs, Republicans, Splintered Media, Etc.
From “Day One as president,” Barack Obama didn’t assign blame, but instead “He got to work,” First Lady Michelle Obama said Monday.
“The economy was losing 800,000 jobs every month, and a lot folks wondered whether we were headed for another great depression. Now this is what Barack faced on day one as president. That’s what awaited him, but instead of pointing fingers and placing blame, Barack got to work, because he was thinking about folks like my dad, like his grandmother,” the first lady said in a speech in Gainesville, Florida.
And, yet, since taking office, Pres. Obama has blamed the nation’s woes on everything from ATM machines to the news media to an administration that been out of power for nearly four years:
- Obama Repeatedly Blames Current Fiscal And Economic Woes On Bush
- Obama Blames ‘Splintered’ News Media for Lack of Compromise in Washington
- Obama Blames Republicans, Hides Behind His Own State Dep't, in Rejecting Keystone Pipeline
- Obama Blames ATM's For Current Unemployment
- Obama Falsely Blames Insufficient Federal Spending for Minn. Bridge Collapse
His propensity to blame so many different people for so many different even inspired a parody song that went viral last year - “I Blame Everyone, Man,” a take-off on a country music classic.
See more "Right Views, Right Now" opinion and analysis.