At an event in Denver today, President Obama uncorked one of the most audacious claims of his Presidency, that America is better off than when he took office, "by almost every measure."
"So despite what you may hear, there is no doubt we are making progress. By almost every measure, we are better off than when I took office."
... The key word in Obama's statement being "almost."
Despite Obama’s claim, a quick scan of the news easily debunks his claim:
- Record Number of Americans Not in Labor Force
- Record Number of Women Not Participating in the Labor Force
- Percentage of Americans Not in Labor Force Remains at 36-Year High
- Price Index for Meats, Poultry, Fish & Eggs Rockets to All-Time High
- Obama's Balloon: Federal Student Loan Debt Up 517% in 5 Years
- Debt Up $6.666 Trillion Under Obama
- Female Share of Federal Workforce Declining Under Obama
- Major Regulations 153% Higher in First Five Years Under Obama
- Youth Misery Index Hits All-Time High Under Obama, Many Millennials Would Recall
- Bauer on Obama's Record: More Babies Aborted Than Jobs Created
- U.S. Debt Up $1,608,304 for Each Baby Born the Year Obama Took Office