Every girl dreams of a fairy tale wedding and the centerpiece of that magical day is the wedding gown in which the bride to be will walk down the aisle.
'So why not make wedding dresses out of toilet paper?' said a guy who is hopefully in a mental institution now.
But someone thought this was a good idea and for ten years now the Cheap-Chic-Weddings.com has been teaming up with toilet paper company, Charmin and holding a contest to see who can design and craft the more elegant wedding dress made entirely out of toilet paper.
Here are the Rules:
1. Contestants must use Charmin brand toilet paper.
2. Contestants may use, tape, glue and a needle and thread.
3. The dress must be able to be worn by a human and be able to be taken on and off. (So if you were thinking of making a toilet paper wedding dress for a gazelle, forget it.)
4. No Velcro, buttons snaps or zippers!
5. All dresses must have a headpiece.
In a somewhat disturbing omission, nothing in the rules says that the toilet paper has to be new or clean.
Contestants send their photos into a panel of judges and the winner gets $10,000 dollars. This money could potentially help pay for a real wedding dress. Because WHO WOULDN'T want to spend the rest of their lives with someone who fashions clothing out of bathroom tissue in their spare time???!!!!
I'd imagine that environmentalists will be the most excited about this contest. Because recycling is good for the planet and when you can combine personal hygiene with the most important day of a young woman's life--not necessarily in that order--everybody wins.
The live event will take place on June 12, 2014 in New York City at The Sanctuary Hotel.