Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. WING FRAGMENT LINKED TO MISSING JETLINER
Experts determine that the wing that washed up on an island in the Indian Ocean is from Flight MH370, which went missing last year, Malaysia's leader says.
2. WHICH POSSIBLE FOE HILLARY CLINTON IS FOCUSING ON
As the GOP presidential candidates prep for their first debate, the leading Democrat eyes Jeb Bush as the most likely — and potentially threatening — Republican nominee.
3. ISLAMIC STATE AFFILIATE ISSUES ULTIMATUM
The extremists based in Egypt's lawless Sinai Peninsula threaten to kill a Croatian hostage unless the government releases "Muslim women" held in prison.
4. VIOLENCE ERUPTS AT MOVIE THEATER IN TENNESSEE
A man wielding a hatchet, pellet gun and pepper spray at a theater showing "Mad Max: Fury Road" is shot dead by a SWAT team.
5. BIPARTISAN PROBE OF IRS TEA PARTY SCANDAL FAULTS MANAGEMENT
The report by the Senate Finance Committee lays much of the blame for the agency's failures on former IRS official Lois Lerner.
6. WHAT POPE BELIEVES CHURCH NEEDS
Francis is calling for a faith of "open doors" that welcomes divorced Catholics who remarry.
7. HEAT-TRAPPING POLLUTION FROM US POWER PLANTS AT 27-YEAR LOW
A big factor in the decline is the long-term shift from coal to cleaner and cheaper natural gas, a government economist says.
8. JAPAN MARKS 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF BOMBING OF HIROSHIMA
The city's mayor renews his call for Obama and other world leaders to step up efforts to eradicate nuclear weapons.
9. WHO'S GOING TO BE MEMORIALIZED IN SONG
An opera based on the life and career of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs is to premiere in 2017 in Santa Fe.
10. DONALD STERLING ASKING FOR DIVORCE
The ex-LA Clippers owner files paperwork seeking a split from his estranged wife, Shelly, two weeks before their 60th anniversary.