Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about on Tuesday. (times EDT):
1. ISAAC AIMING AT NEW ORLEANS — AND WELL BEYOND
The storm is huge and moving slowly, which spells extra trouble for the already saturated Gulf Coast region.
2. WHERE KATRINA SCARS LINGER, A SENSE OF DEJA VU
"I hate leaving my house, worrying if it's going to flood or get looted," says one New Orleans resident. "But I'm not going to stay in the city again."
3. GOP CONVENTION OPENS FOR ONE MINUTE, THEN PAUSES
The storm-shortened extravaganza kicks into high gear Tuesday with Romney's nomination.
4. PANCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER, SHIRTS FROM COSTCO
Romney campaign serving up personal details to show his softer side.
5. QURAN BURNING PROBE CITES POOR GUIDANCE, MISCOMMUNICATION
U.S. military says six soldiers got punishments but no criminal charges for the episode that roiled relations with Afghans.
6. A FEW SECONDS, 16 ROUNDS, 9 WOUNDED BYSTANDERS
Experts say the NYC shooting shows the challenges police juggle with semiautomatic weapons.
7. HOW SMOKING POT MAY AFFECT TEENS YEARS LATER
Research suggests that regular use before age 18 can cause a long-term drop in IQ.
8. WHAT APPLE WIN IN PATENT DISPUTE MEANS FOR CONSUMERS
AP's Peter Svensson says the verdict likely won't drive Samsung out of the phone business - but prices may rise.
9. WHY ONE STATION WON'T AIR 'THE NEW NORMAL'
Mormon church-owned KSL says the sitcom is "inappropriate on several dimensions, especially during family viewing time."
10. PIANIST VAN CLIBURN HAS ADVANCED BONE CANCER
He's performed for every president since Harry Truman, and got New York's only ticker tape parade for a classical musician.