CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Fire Department says a baggage handler at O'Hare International Airport suffered minor injuries when a battery exploded.
The fire department says the Tuesday incident appeared to be accidental and that there is no evidence of any criminal activity. The battery was being shipped in a container.
Fire officials say the baggage handler is an employee of United Airlines. A United official says one of the airline's employees was taken to an area hospital, but provided no other details.
The city's aviation department did not immediately return calls for comment.