Canucks' Rome disagrees with ban for hit on Horton
BOSTON (AP) — Vancouver defenseman Aaron Rome says he wouldn't change much about the hit on Boston's Nathan Horton that got him suspended for the rest of the Stanley Cup finals.
Rome spoke for the first time about his finals-record four-game suspension Sunday after joining the Canucks for practice heading into Game 6.
Rome says the NHL's suspension criteria is arbitrary, and he doesn't understand why the league ended his chance to skate for the Stanley Cup after a hit that he says was barely illegal.
Rome flattened Horton early in Game 3 last week, giving the Boston forward a concussion.
Rome says he sent a text message to Horton, but hasn't heard back and understands why Horton might be mad.