Indiana man urinating on train track electrocuted
EVANSTON, Ill. (AP) — Authorities say an Indiana man died after he climbed down on a suburban Chicago elevated train track to urinate and was accidently electrocuted by the third rail.
The Cook County medical examiner ruled the death of 27-year-old Zachary McKee an accident due to electrocution. McKee was at a Chicago Transit Authority Purple Line station in Evanston when the accident happened late Sunday. McKee was pronounced dead at Saint Francis Hospital.
Evanston police say McKee was with two other people when he climbed down onto the track to urinate. That's when he fell onto the third rail. Police say one of the two people ran to alert a security guard, who called police and fire officials.