Inhaler overuse may have killed Colorado student

September 13, 2011 - 4:15 PM

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) — Doctors say a 19-year-old student at Colorado State University might have died because she inadvertently used her asthma inhaler too much.

A roommate found Sascha Franzel, of Honolulu, on Saturday night and she was pronounced dead at a hospital.

According to the Fort Collins Coloradoan (http://bit.ly/qG67T9), the official cause of death won't be available for several weeks.

Franzel's mother told the newspaper that Sascha suffered from severe asthma and nearly died last November.

More than 200 people turned Monday for a candlelight vigil for Franzel that lasted for more than two hours.

___

Information from: Fort Collins Coloradoan, http://www.coloradoan.com