Judge: Conn. home invasion trial won't be moved

September 16, 2011 - 11:40 AM

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Attorneys for a Connecticut man heading to trial for a deadly 2007 home invasion want to move the trial, but a judge says no.

New Haven Superior Court Judge Jon Blue denied the request by attorneys for Joshua Komisarjevsky (koh-mih-sar-JEV'-skee). They wanted the trial moved and a new jury selected.

The defense attorneys questioned their client's ability to get a fair trial because of substantial pretrial publicity. They also cite comments jurors made during the selection process about his guilt.

But Blue says he is confident the jurors would be fair and decide the case based on the evidence and his instructions.

Komisarjevsky's trial starts Monday. He and Steven Hayes were charged with killing Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters. Hayes was convicted and sentenced to death last year.