Jerusalem (CNSNews.com) - An American woman wounded in the suicide bus bombing in Jerusalem on Wednesday said President Bush does not understand the situation here.
Nevertheless, Israel has pledged to continue to implement the "road map" to an Israeli-Palestinian peace.
Bush condemned Tuesday's terror attack, in which a terrorist linked to Hamas, disguised as a religious Jew, boarded a packed bus during rush hour and detonated a powerful bomb. The attack on a busy Jerusalem street killed 16 people and wounded more than 100.
"It is clear there are people in the Middle East who hate peace; people who want to kill in order to make sure that the desires of Israel to live in security and peace don't happen; who kill to make sure the desires of the prime minister of the Palestinian Authority [Mahmoud Abbas] and others of a peaceful state, living side-by-side with Israel, do not happen," Bush said in a statement from Chicago, Illinois.
Bush also urged the international community to fight terror and "cut off money to organizations such as Hamas."
But American Sherry Zinger said Bush just doesn't understand. She described her experience in a radio interview.
"Usually I look just to see who comes on. It was very packed. I sat down into a seat. And the next thing I know is I feel this...very strong blast. And the next thing I know people are pulling me out of the bus," Zinger said.
"President Bush, who I voted for and I respect, does not understand what goes on here," Zinger said.
"I'd like to see him come to the country and visit and talk with Americans that moved here and see what really it's all about before he decides to put a peace plan into action. And I just think it's sad that he doesn't have any clue about what we're going through as Americans here," an emotional Zinger added.
Bush met with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Abbas at a three-way summit in Aqaba, Jordan last week. There, Sharon pledged to recognize a viable Palestinian state and to evacuate "unauthorized" settlement outposts, while Abbas vowed to fight terrorism and also called for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Jonathan Peled said Israel would continue to implement its part of the road map but would also continue to fight terror.
"We will continue dismantling the outposts, and we will continue fighting terror at the same time, until the Palestinian Authority and Abu Mazen [Abbas] understand that he has to roll up his sleeves and begin taking action against them," Peled said at the site of Wednesday's attack.
"It's going to be a very difficult task but until Abu Mazen understands and realizes that this is endangering him and his government and everything and doesn't decide, 'Okay, I'm willing to fight the Hamas now,' not just sit down and wait to talk to them, I don't think we're going to see quiet," Peled added.
Israel meanwhile, dismantled at least nine "unauthorized outposts" this week and reportedly was ready to take down more.