Teen denies raping child at McDonald's in Ohio

November 14, 2011 - 2:25 PM

CINCINNATI (AP) — An Ohio court official says a 13-year-old boy charged with raping a 5-year-old girl at a McDonald's play area is denying the accusation.

Chief Magistrate Carla Guenthner (GUNTH'ner) of Hamilton County Juvenile Court says the boy denied the charge Saturday at a Cincinnati hearing. The boy is in juvenile detention awaiting a Nov. 22 trial.

Sheriff's spokesman Steve Barnett says the alleged assault occurred Oct. 29 at a McDonald's in the Cincinnati suburb of Anderson Township. Barnett says the girl's grandmother was nearby in the restaurant at the time.

The McDonald's owner says in a statement that he was upset to learn of the alleged rape and is cooperating with investigators.

The boy's parents brought him to authorities last week after a security camera photo of the suspect was released.