Poll: 50% 'Very Dissatisfied' With 'Way Things Are Going' in U.S.

By Michael W. Chapman | November 24, 2021 | 1:31pm EST
Democrat President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.  (Getty Images)
Democrat President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris. (Getty Images)

(CNS News) -- A new poll shows that 50% of American adults are "very dissatisfied" with "the way things are going in the nation today." 

In addition, another 24% are "somewhat dissatisfied," making the total of dissatisfied Americans, to one degree or another, 74%.

The poll also showed that only 3% of Americans are "very satisfied" with the way things are going in the nation, and only 22% are "somewhat satisfied" -- a total of 25%.

In the survey, conducted (Nov. 11-15) by Quinnipiac University, the pollsters asked, "In general, how satisfied are you with the way things are going in the nation today; are you very satisfied, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied, or very dissatisfied?"

The complete responses are illustrated in the box below.  

(Quinnipiac University Poll)
(Quinnipiac University Poll)

The poll also showed that 53% of Americans disapprove of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president, and only 36% approve. 

To read the entire survey, click here. (1,378 U.S. adults nationwide were surveyed from November 11th - 15th with a margin of error of +/- 2.6 percentage points.)

(Quinnipiac University Poll)
(Quinnipiac University Poll)

MRC Store