After House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced Thursday that she will not seek a leadership role in the Democrat Party next session, Fox News Host Tucker Carlson presented a video “tribute” to Pelosi.
“We could’ve gone hours, we have that much tape, but we got it down to just a few moments. Here are just a few of her greatest hits,” the “Tucker Carlson Tonight” host said.
What followed was a montage of Pelosi:
- Angrily insisting she has “a heart full of love,” but spewing vitriol about Republicans and accusing them of killing children by building a border wall,
- Claiming that then-President Donald Trump and Republicans have “doggie-do” on their shoes,
- Displaying hateful, public contempt and disrespect for the president of the United States during official Congressional proceedings,
- Reading poetry,
- Laughing at her own “jokes,” and
- Attempting to coin a new phrase. (“Open, Biden”???)
Because Republicans won the House majority in this month’s midterm elections, they will be electing the next House speaker. As a result, on Thursday, Pelosi announced in a speech that she will be stepping down and turning party leadership over to a new generation of Democrats.
“Fired, angry, nasty, Pelosi, no class to the end,” television and radio commentator Mark Levin tweeted, reacting to Pelosi’s speech, linking to an article reporting that “Pelosi takes sly dig at Trump in farewell speech as speaker.”