It’s official. Barack Obama’s gun control executive actions will stop mental cases and ideological murderers from killing peaceful Americans.
I mean, after all, he has never taken it upon himself to curb gun violence through executive action before, right?
Oh, but he has. In January of 2013, a month after the Newtown shooting, he issued 23 executive actions that were aimed at, “doing everything we can to prevent this (Newtown shooting) from happening again.”
The list, offered on January 16th, of 2013 is as follows:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Number 16 must be why your doctor’s office asks how many guns you have. Number 19 must be why Charleston never happened, and number four is why there has never been another mass shooting since Newtown, right?
So, the wildly inefficient and obese government, in implementing all these executive actions, thankfully stopped attacks since then because Obama was “doing everything” the government could do to stop them.
Obviously, Obama failed. Maybe it’s because he did everything he could think of to capitalize on a terrible tragedy to shore up his control within existing government regulations and statutes, but he just didn’t have a crystal ball in order to see the depths to which some murderous thugs would go to kill.
So now, with renewed fervor, Obama is going to do more. He’ll save us all, and how? Well, regardless of the fact that the shootings since January 16, 2013 did not happen because people who sell guns at a gun show were identified as the main supplier for all these murderous kooks and wackos, Obama’s reportedly “mulling” a “gun-show loophole” executive action.
That’ll work, right?
And now he’s asked Valerie Jarrett to give him some more ideas about how to expand background checks. I’m sure that’ll go well.
The peace-loving American people have had enough of this president’s meddling with their constitutional rights. These actions of his put him at odds with a fundamental right of the citizenry to keep and bear arms.
Because of the inept leadership in Congress, who should have impeached him long ago for his unconstitutional governance of this American society, we have a little more than one more year of his meddling left to go.
Who knows what else Obama will do to try to punish the American people for the actions of those who would do us harm.
One thing’s for sure, what he’s been doing hasn’t done anything to secure this nation. He’s just been writing rules to stifle it.
Jen Kuznicki is a wife and mother, seamstress by trade, and American patriot who says, "Now is the time to act."