“The United States Constitution matters, even during a pandemic,” White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters at a Wednesday press conference – before subjecting them to a video montage of prominent Democrats violating the very COVID-19 restrictions they’ve imposed on others.
McEnany began by applauding a Supreme Court ruling against what McEnany deemed “Draconian restrictions” mandated by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo:
“While Democrats politicians seek to impose Draconian restrictions against their citizens, this past week, the Supreme Court of the United States had their say on New York State’s capacity restrictions – which restricted the number of attendees allowed in places of worship, but not other government-deemed ‘essential’ businesses.”
As CNSNews.com reported, the Supreme Court last week imposed an injunction on Gov. Cuomo’s order that limited the number of people allowed to enter a church or synagogue, but not a liquor store.
“Behind me, you will see displayed images of Democrat hypocrisies playing on loop,” McEnany told reporters, detailing the following examples shown in the video:
- “Gov. Gavin Newsom of California dining, both maskless and indoors, at the fancy French Laundry restaurant, despite severe lockdown restrictions against indoor dining for the very people he governs.”
- “Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot celebrating in the non-socially distanced streets of her city.”
- “Speaker Nancy Pelosi indoors at a hair salon in San Francisco when salons in California were only open for outdoor services.”
- “CNN’s Chris Cuomo staging his emergence from quarantine” after he “was spotted breaking his brother Gov. Cuomo’s quarantine rules to go for a bike ride in the Hamptons.”
- “San Francisco Mayor London Breed, who followed Gov. Newsom’s lead in dining at the French Laundry with a group of eight people.”
- “Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl dining outdoors at her favorite Santa Monica restaurant after voting to ban outdoor dining at 31,000 restaurants throughout L.A., calling outdoor dining ‘a most dangerous situation.’”
“Quite clearly, these Democrats do not follow their own edicts. They act in a way their own citizens are barred from acting,” McEnany said.
“The images behind me make clear Democrats’ mindset: ‘Rules for thee, but not for me,’” McEnany concluded.